Si Si Han was killed when a box truck crashed into her tollbooth on the Bay Bridge early Saturday morning.
Friends, family, and co-workers arrived at Duggan’s Serra Mortuary in Colma on Friday to remember Han.
KRON4 spoke with a man who worked with Si Si, and he says her death is a reminder for drivers to be aware when Caltrans workers are on the roads.
“Safety is always the No. 1 concern on our highways,” Han’s former coworker James Province said. “Drinking and driving is never a good solution, and it resulted in a tragedy. We all want to see our families when we get to our house and when we come home from work.”
Si Si worked for Caltrans for more than a decade.
A 32-year-old man, Daniel Berk, is charged with Si Si’s death and is suspected of drunk driving.
- INTERACTIVE MAP: FIRES BURNING ACROSS SOCAL
- SMOKE FROM SOCAL FIRES MOVES INTO BAY AREA
- FAST-MOVING FIRE BURNS HOMES IN SAN DIEGO COUNTY
- BODY FOUND ALONG BAY TRAIL IN SUNNYVALE
- DAD SHOOTS GUNMAN THREATENING FAMILY IN RESTAURANT
- GET YOUR MORTGAGE OR RENT PAID IN 2018