SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) — Jed York, the owner of the 49ers, released a statement Tuesday following the passing of San Francisco Mayor Ed Lee.
He collapsed while shopping in a Safeway in the Ingleside neighborhood, sources tell KRON4’s Will Tran.
Mayor Lee died from a heart attack early Tuesday morning at the age of 65, according to city officials.
Here is a statement from the York family:
“The citizens of San Francisco and the greater Bay Area have lost a wonderful man and a tremendous leader with the passing of Mayor Lee. Our hearts go out to Anita, Tania, Brianna and his entire family. Ed was a friend that we came to admire deeply for his compassion for others and his tireless work to effect positive change in both his city and throughout society.”
San Francisco Mayor Ed Lee dies at age 65
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- INTERACTIVE MAP: FIRES BURNING ACROSS SOCAL
- SMOKE FROM SOCAL FIRES MOVES INTO BAY AREA
- FAST-MOVING FIRE BURNS HOMES IN SAN DIEGO COUNTY
- BODY FOUND ALONG BAY TRAIL IN SUNNYVALE
- DAD SHOOTS GUNMAN THREATENING FAMILY IN RESTAURANT
- GET YOUR MORTGAGE OR RENT PAID IN 2018