(KRON/CNN) — Airlines are making a ton of money off baggage fees–$1.2 billion to be exact.
That’s how much was collected from July to September, according to the Department of Transportation.
The fees are up about 10 percent from the same period last year.
The news comes come days after the Department of Transportation announced it was scrapping an Obama-era proposal that would have required airlines to disclose fees for checked and carry-on bags at the start of a ticket purchase.
- SAN FRANCISCO MAYOR ED LEE DIES AT 65
- REMEMBERING SAN FRANCISCO MAYOR ED LEE
- WHO IS ACTING MAYOR OF SAN FRANCISCO, LONDON BREED?
- SIERRA LAMAR’S KILLER TO BE SENTENCED
- ARREST MADE IN 1980 COLD-CASE MURDER OF ANTIOCH GIRL
- GET YOUR MORTGAGE OR RENT PAID IN 2018