SONOMA COUNTY (KRON)– A father and son playing in the water at Goat Rock Beach drowned Sunday evening, according to Coast Guard officials.
The incident happened shortly after 6:00 p.m. when a big wave swept the child into the ocean and the boy’s father went after him.
A lifeguard pulled the father from the water and CPR was administered but he was unresponsive.
The boy was taken from the water but unfortunately died at the hospital.
Video courtesy of Pat Paterson
- VIDEO: WOMAN GETS ANGRY AT CUSTOMERS FOR SPEAKING KOREAN
- TWO WOMEN FOUND DEAD IN EAST PALO ALTO HOME
- MEMORIAL PLANNED FOR SAN FRANCISCO MAYOR ED LEE
- VACAVILLE GIRL RECEIVES DISTURBING VOICEMAIL FROM CLASSMATE
- DOCTOR ACCUSED OF SPIKING WOMAN’S DRINK WITH ABORTION PILL
- SURGEON ADMITS SIGNING INITIALS ON PATIENTS’ LIVERS
- GET YOUR MORTGAGE OR RENT PAID IN 2018