SAN MARTIN (KRON) — A 3.1 magnitude earthquake has shaken southern Santa Clara County on Tuesday night, according to the United States Geological Survey.
The quake struck at around 7:19 p.m. 9 kilometers (5.6 miles) east-northeast of San Martin. That is about 12 kilometers (7.5 miles) east of Morgan Hill.
The earthquake had a depth of 7.1 kilometers (4.4 miles).
It struck on the Calaveras Fault.
- MAN ON ‘WASP’ BREAKS INTO HOME, CUTS THROAT IN FRONT OF MOTHER, CHILDREN
- NAKED OHIO POSTAL WORKER ALLEGEDLY KILLS BOSS, COWORKER
- FRAUD ALERT: CROOKS CAN SCAM MONEY FROM YOUR GIFT CARDS
- BODY OF CHP OFFICER KILLED IN 880 DUI CRASH TRANSPORTED TO TRACY
- POLICE: SAN FRANCISCO MAN HAD THOUSANDS OF CHILD PORN IMAGES
- STUDY: MORE PREGNANT WOMEN ARE USING POT