HAYWARD (KRON)– A memorial fund was established for the fallen California Highway Patrol officer who was killed on Christmas by a suspected drunk driver.
The 33-year-old was a member of the CHP-Golden Gate Division, Hayward office.
Around 12 a.m. Camilleri and another officer, Jonathan Velasquez, were sitting in their patrol car along Interstate 880 in Hayward.
According to CHP, a 22-year-old drunk driver slammed into the back of the officers’ vehicle.
Shortly after, Officer Camilleri succumbed to his injuries. The other officer, Jonathan Velasquez, is still in the hospital with major injuries.
Camilleri left behind a wife and three children.
Those who wish to donate to his memorial fund can visit the CAHP Credit Union Website (www.cahpcu.org) or directly mailed to:
- MAN ON ‘WASP’ BREAKS INTO HOME, CUTS THROAT IN FRONT OF MOTHER, CHILDREN
- NAKED OHIO POSTAL WORKER ALLEGEDLY KILLS BOSS, COWORKER
- FRAUD ALERT: CROOKS CAN SCAM MONEY FROM YOUR GIFT CARDS
- BODY OF CHP OFFICER KILLED IN 880 DUI CRASH TRANSPORTED TO TRACY
- POLICE: SAN FRANCISCO MAN HAD THOUSANDS OF CHILD PORN IMAGES
- STUDY: MORE PREGNANT WOMEN ARE USING POT