CLEVELAND, Texas (KXAN) — A 4-year-old boy died on Christmas Eve when his treehouse collapsed outside a relative’s home near Houston.
Cleaveland ISD Police Chief Rex Evans, in a Facebook post, said Kade Dylon Contreras was critically injured by the collapse and passed away three days later.
“He now rests, laughs and loves among the Heavens above with the Angels,” Chief Evans wrote. The boy’s mother, Courtney Contreras, posted on Facebook Wednesday: “I’m trying really hard to not question the whys because I will never know that. All that I know for sure is that we were blessed beyond measure to be Kade Dylan’s parents.”
The Houston Chronicle reported tests showed Kade had no brain activity so the family made the decision to remove him from life support.
The newspaper describes the extended Contreras family as active in youth activities in Cleveland, playing instrumental roles in Cleveland ISD athletic programs and booster clubs.
“He had just turned 4 and was looking forward to Christmas,” Chief Evans wrote.
- MAN ON ‘WASP’ BREAKS INTO HOME, CUTS THROAT IN FRONT OF MOTHER, CHILDREN
- NAKED OHIO POSTAL WORKER ALLEGEDLY KILLS BOSS, COWORKER
- FRAUD ALERT: CROOKS CAN SCAM MONEY FROM YOUR GIFT CARDS
- BODY OF CHP OFFICER KILLED IN 880 DUI CRASH TRANSPORTED TO TRACY
- POLICE: SAN FRANCISCO MAN HAD THOUSANDS OF CHILD PORN IMAGES
- STUDY: MORE PREGNANT WOMEN ARE USING POT