STOCKTON (KRON) — A funeral service took place Saturday morning for California Highway Patrol officer Andrew Camilleri.
33-year-old Camilleri was killed by a suspected drunk driver while on patrol on Interstate 880 in Hayward on Christmas Eve.
KRON4’s Camila Bernal was in Stockton this morning, where she said CHP is calling the ceremony a celebration of life.
Hundreds of officers from California, and across the nation, came pay their respects, and honor Camilleri’s life.
Officers are asking that people take what happened to Camilleri as a wake-up call to not drink and drive, especially with New Year’s Eve around the corner.
Camilleri was married with three kids.
- REDWOOD CITY MAN KILLS OWN DOG AS IT ATTACKS HIM
- FAMILY SEARCHES FOR ANSWERS AFTER ACTIVIST, FATHER KILLED
- WATCH: MASSIVE BRAWL INSIDE OHIO WAFFLE HOUSE
- DAD SHARES EMOTIONAL STORY OF DAUGHTER’S DEATH
- STYLIST ARRESTED AFTER HAIRCUT GOES HORRIBLY WRONG
- NEW YEARS LIVE: RING IN 2018 WITH KRON4