SAN LEANDRO (KRON) — Firefighters are at the scene of a fire at a metal company in San Leandro Friday morning.
Alameda County Fire reported that the blaze at ALCO Metals on Davis St. was knocked down at 5:53 a.m.
A scrap metal pile caught fire, prompting a one-alarm response, officials said on Twitter.
Crews are still on scene checking for hot spots and beginning clean-up.
No injuries were reported.
Crews knock fire at ALCO Metals in San Leandro
San Leandro: Firefighters are at the scene of a 1-alarm fire on Davis St near Doolittle at ALCO Metals. No reports of injuries. The scrap metal pile fire is knocked down and overhaul is in progress. pic.twitter.com/bnX1RatkV8
— Alameda County Fire (@AlamedaCoFire) January 5, 2018
- STRONG EARTHQUAKE WAKES UP BAY AREA
- BAY AREA REACTS TO STRONG EARTHQUAKE
- SESSIONS TO END POLICY THAT LET LEGAL POT FLOURISH
- OFFICER FATALLY SHOOTS MAN WITH GUN NEAR BART STATION
- QUAKE SAFETY TIPS: ARE YOU PREPARED FOR THE ‘BIG ONE?’