REDDING (KRON) — Residents trying to get rid of a spider in their Redding home Sunday ended up setting their apartment on fire.
They say they were trying to burn the spider with a propane torch when they accidentally ignited the corner of a box spring.
When firefighters arrived they could see smoke coming out of the first and second story windows.
It took crews about 15 minutes to knock down the blaze.
The building was damaged and the residents will have to stay elsewhere.
No one was injured.
- POLICE IDENTIFY MAN ARRESTED IN SEX ASSAULT OF SAN JOSE TEACHER
- WHERE TO BUY RECREATIONAL MARIJUANA IN SAN FRANCISCO
- WHY CABLE BILLS ARE RISING AGAIN AND WHAT CAN YOU DO
- SEARS, MACY’S TO CLOSE 4 BAY AREA STORES
- FLIGHT DIVERTED AFTER MAN SPREADS HUMAN WASTE IN BATHROOMS