MILPITAS (KRON) — A wrong-way driver is dead after a collision on southbound Interstate 880 in Milpitas Tuesday morning, according to California Highway Patrol.
At 4:49 a.m., CHP reported the driver was heading north on the southbound side of the freeway when they crashed into oncoming traffic just north of Highway 237.
A traffic alert was issued for the area around 5:30 a.m. because all but one southbound lane was closed.
KRON4’s Robin Winston says a total of five cars were involved.
At least one other person was seriously injured and taken to the hospital.
CHP did not say if drugs or alcohol were factors in the crash.
By 7:20 a.m. all lanes were reopened.
No further information is available at this time.
Stay with KRON4 for updates.
— Robin Winston (@RobinWinstonTV) January 9, 2018
- POLICE IDENTIFY MAN ARRESTED IN SEX ASSAULT OF SAN JOSE TEACHER
- WHERE TO BUY RECREATIONAL MARIJUANA IN SAN FRANCISCO
- WHY CABLE BILLS ARE RISING AGAIN AND WHAT CAN YOU DO
- SEARS, MACY’S TO CLOSE 4 BAY AREA STORES
- FLIGHT DIVERTED AFTER MAN SPREADS HUMAN WASTE IN BATHROOMS