PORT RICHEY, Fla. (WFLA) – Pasco County Sheriff’s Office deputies are assisting Fire Rescue and the Coast Guard after a casino shuttle boat caught fire in the Port Richey canal on Sunday.
The captain of the shuttle noticed engine trouble. The captain saw flames from the engine room and turned the boat closer to shore so passengers could get to safety.
The casino shuttle caught on fire with 50 people on board. Everyone on board jumped off the boat and into the water.
All passengers and crew members have been accounted for.
Fifteen people were taken to a hospital as precaution. Officials are unaware of any serious injuries.
Pasco sheriff’s office patrol, marine and air unit responded to assist, as well as FWC and the Coast Guard.
- ICE AGENTS RAID 7-ELEVEN STORES IN IMMIGRATION PROBE
- MOB STEALS $100K WORTH OF HANDBAGS FROM NORDSTROM
- REMAINS FOUND AT HAYWARD WAREHOUSE ID’D AS MISSING FATHER
- STOCKTON TWIN TODDLERS STILL MISSING AFTER PARENTS FOUND
- MEXICO’S DRUG RAVAGED STATES GET ‘DO NOT TRAVEL’ WARNING
- WOMAN RETURNS ‘DEAD’ XMAS TREE TO COSTCO FOR FULL REFUND