CONTRA COSTA COUNTY (KRON) — A California Highway Patrol officer was hurt in an eastbound Highway 4 multi-car crash in Contra Costa County on Monday night, officers said.
The crash happened at around 6:15 p.m. near Port Chicago Highway. The officer suffered major injuries but non-life-threatening.
The officer is recovering at the hospital.
The scene is still active as officers investigate.
The freeway was shut down Monday night but reopened a short time later.
The CHP officer was responding to a rollover crash at the time he was hit.
No other information has been made available by police.
Stay with KRON4 for updates on this breaking news story on-air, online, and on the KRON4 app.
Highway 4 crash
- DUBLIN ELEMENTARY SCHOOL STUDENT DIES ON UNKNOWN ILLNESS
- SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS TRADE FOR ALL STAR OUTFIELDER
- 13 BROTHERS AND SISTERS HELD CAPTIVE, CHAINED TO BEDS
- LAVA FLOWS FROM PHILIPPINES VOLCANO
- WOMAN DELIVERS OWN BABY IN TARGET PARKING LOT
- WOMAN RETURNS ‘DEAD’ XMAS TREE TO COSTCO FOR FULL REFUND