(KRON) The USGS has found an active fault directly under Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills.
The Santa Monica fault is about one thousand feet wide and eight miles long running from Pacific Palisades up to Beverly Hills under Santa Monica Boulevard.
The fault is capable of producing a magnitude 7.0 earthquake.
Geologists say the last time this fault had an earthquake was one to three thousand years ago.
- CA DMV NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR ‘REAL ID’ CARDS
- 2-YEAR-OLD DIES FOLLOWING ANTIOCH STOLEN TRUCK CRASH
- DOCTOR DETAINED BY ICE AFTER LIVING THE US FOR 40 YEARS
- BOY WITH 10-POUND FACIAL TUMOR DIES AFTER SURGERY
- GET KRON4 NEWS ON YOUR AMAZON ALEXA DEVICE