SAN FRANCISCO (KRON)–Toys “R” Us announced which stores will be closing as part of its reorganization plans after declaring bankruptcy in 2017.
Lawyers for the company say shutting down stores is due to increased market competition. They also say sales have been hurt by online shopping.
The retailer plans to close 182 stores nationwide and nine of those locations are in the Bay Area. They include stores in Pinole, Pittsburg, San Rafael, Brentwood, Fairfield, Emeryville, East San Jose, San Jose and Union City.
The company says that some stores could be saved if they are able to renegotiate some lease terms.
Here is a list of locations closing:
Pinole 1330 Fitzgerald CA
Pittsburg 4505 Century Blvd. CA
San Rafael 600 Francisco Blvd. CA
Brentwood 5461 Lone Tree Way CA
Fairfield 1400 Gateway Blvd CA
Emeryville 3938 Horton CA
E. San Jose 2179 Monterey Hwy CA
San Jose / Almade865 Blossom Hill Road CA
- CA DMV NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR ‘REAL ID’ CARDS
- 2-YEAR-OLD DIES FOLLOWING ANTIOCH STOLEN TRUCK CRASH
- DOCTOR DETAINED BY ICE AFTER LIVING THE US FOR 40 YEARS
- BOY WITH 10-POUND FACIAL TUMOR DIES AFTER SURGERY
- GET KRON4 NEWS ON YOUR AMAZON ALEXA DEVICE