SAN JOSE (KRON) — San Jose police are investigating after an armed woman was injured in an officer-involved shooting in the city’s east side Monday night.
The shooting happened in the 800 block of Feller Ave. in the city’s Alum Rock neighborhood.
Around 5:15 p.m., police said the suspect was in custody and was being taken to the hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
Police say she was armed with a shotgun.
It is unclear what led up to the shooting, or why police were in the neighborhood.
The suspect has not been identified.
No other information has been made available by police.
Stay with KRON4 for updates on this breaking news story on-air, online, and on the KRON4 app.
- OLDEST OF SHACKLED SIBLINGS WENT TO COLLEGE, DIDN’T SEEK HELP
- VIDEO: OFFICER HIT BY CAR AT RICHMOND SIDESHOW
- VIDEO: TEEN SHOT IN THE HEAD DURING INTERNET CHALLENGE
- MAN BUYS WINNING $1 MILLION LOTTERY TICKET IN SAN JOSE
- COURT: IMMIGRANT CHILDREN DON’T HAVE RIGHT TO FREE LAWYER
- GET KRON4 NEWS ON YOUR AMAZON ALEXA DEVICE