WASHINGTON (AP/CNN) — No, that wasn’t drool on the lips of Massachusetts Rep. Joe Kennedy III. He says it was ChapStick.
Twitter lit up with jibes about the 37-year-old Democrat’s response to President Donald Trump’s State of the Union. In his televised speech Tuesday, Kennedy’s lips appeared wet and glistening, leading to tweets about Kennedy’s “drool.”
Much of the Examiner newsroom is now enthralled by the drool on Joe Kennedy’s face.
— Jason Russell (@JRussellMI) January 31, 2018
Kennedy joked on Wednesday that he “decided to go a little bit light on the ChapStick this morning … which is probably a wise choice.” He told CNN that Tuesday’s ChapStick was “a little too much, apparently.”
Other State of the Union responders have attracted similar unwanted attention. In 2013, GOP Sen. Marco Rubio’s response to President Barack Obama’s speech was mocked for Rubio’s awkward off-screen reach for water.
Kennedy’s drool is getting bigger. #KennedyDrool
— Conservative Joe (@jaywiliams9) January 31, 2018
- OLDEST OF SHACKLED SIBLINGS WENT TO COLLEGE, DIDN’T SEEK HELP
- VIDEO: OFFICER HIT BY CAR AT RICHMOND SIDESHOW
- VIDEO: TEEN SHOT IN THE HEAD DURING INTERNET CHALLENGE
- MAN BUYS WINNING $1 MILLION LOTTERY TICKET IN SAN JOSE
- COURT: IMMIGRANT CHILDREN DON’T HAVE RIGHT TO FREE LAWYER
- GET KRON4 NEWS ON YOUR AMAZON ALEXA DEVICE