SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) — Super Bowl Sunday is more than just two competing teams on the gridiron.
It’s also what you throw on the grill.
For those of us who don’t have actual tickets to the game, on Thursday night’s Dine and Dish, Vicki Liviakis gives us some tips for turning out a super Super Bowl party at home.
4505 Rib Rub Recipe
- Remove any sinew (tendon) from the back of the rack of ribs—it will help the meet fall off the bone, just the way you want it!
- Rub both sides of a rack of ribs with 4505’s rib rub. (See recipe below.)
- Next, lather yellow mustard on the rack, on top of the rub.
- Cook the ribs in your oven for 2 hours at 220 degrees to create a bark.
- After 2 hours, brush your favorite BBQ sauce on the rack. Continue cooking, flipping every 30 minutes (brushing on more sauce every time you flip) until the meat starts to pull away from the bone—1-2 hours. Total cook time is 3-4 hours.
- Pull out of oven and let rest for 15-30 minutes—then you’re ready to eat!
- Ideally, you’ll be pulling the ribs out of the oven as your guests arrive, but you can also make the ribs ahead of time so you aren’t stressing during the party. To heat them back up and caramelize the bark, give the ribs a little char on your grill at medium heat. Lather the ribs with sauce right before you serve and enjoy!
Rib Rub Recipe
Yields 1cup, sufficient for 2-3 racks of ribs depending on size:
- 8 T sea salt
- 3 1/2 T brown sugar
- 3 T coarse grind black pepper
- 1/4 T red pepper flakes
- 1 1/4 T ground ginger
- ICE RAIDS 77 NORTHERN CALIFORNIA BUSINESSES
- POLICE: SUSPECT IN LA SCHOOL SHOOTING BELIEVED TO BE 12
- FLEEING CAR BREAK-IN SUSPECT HITS SF OFFICER WITH VEHICLE
- SFPD: DRUG DEALER HAD 223 BAGS OF HEROIN, METH, COCAINE
- 15-YEAR-OLD GIRL DIES OF FLU AFTER TESTING NEGATIVE
- GET KRON4 NEWS ON YOUR AMAZON ALEXA DEVICE