HONOLULU (KRON) — A United Airlines flight from San Francisco was forced to land in Honolulu due to a mechanical issue regarding the plane’s engine.
United flight 1175 left San Francisco at around 9:28 a.m. and was traveling to Honolulu when they had to call for an emergency landing.
The flight landed safely and all passengers deplaned normally at the gate.
Further details were not made immediately made available.
Here is the full statement from the FAA:
United flight 1175, a Boeing 777 from San Francisco to Honolulu, declared an emergency due to a vibration in the right engine. The plane landed on Runway 8R without incident around 12:40 p.m. local time. The FAA will investigate.
Stay with KRON4 News for updates
Engine failure forces SF flight to make emergency landing
Engine failure forces SF flight to make emergency landing x
- TEEN DYING WORDS LEAD DEPUTIES TO HER SUSPECTED KILLERS
- COUNSELOR WHO WORKED WITH DEAF KIDS ACCUSED OF MOLESTATION
- BOY CRAWLS A QUARTER OF A MILE HOME AFTER HIT-AND-RUN
- SUSPECTED POACHER MAULED TO DEATH, EATEN BY LIONS
- 5TH SUSPECT WANTED IN DEADLY NORTH BAY HOME INVASIONS
- GET KRON4 NEWS ON YOUR AMAZON ALEXA DEVICE