SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) — We are about to see the completion of some big changes for the Richmond-San Rafael Bridge where drivers are often frustrated with back-ups.
In April, the bridge shoulder in the eastbound direction will become a third traffic lane for peak traffic.
As for the upper deck headed into Marin, the westbound direction gets a lane for pedestrians and bicyclists.
What about cars? That’s still being debated.
Supervisor Damon Connolly, who also sits on the Metropolitan Transportation Commission, joins KRON4 to talk about this project.
A lot of people say these changes will solve only “half” the problems.
Watch the above video to see the full interview.
- TEEN BRUTALLY STABBED, LEFT FOR DEAD NEAR LIVERMORE IDENTIFIED
- POLICE IDENTIFY SUSPECTS IN BRUTAL LIVERMORE STABBING DEATH
- GOOD SAMARITAN TALKS ABOUT FINDING LIVERMORE STABBING VICTIM
- 10 STUDENTS ILL FROM UNKNOWN SUBSTANCE AT SF MIDDLE SCHOOL
- ENGINE FAILURE FORCES SF FLIGHT TO MAKE EMERGENCY LANDING
- GET KRON4 NEWS ON YOUR AMAZON ALEXA DEVICE