LIVERMORE (KRON) — Family and friends gathered on Tuesday night to honor the life of a 19-year-old who was brutally stabbed and dumped on a rural Livermore road.
The grisly stabbing of Lizette Cuesta came as a shock to her peers who remembered her vibrant and fun to be around.
Her friend’s father, who happens to be a pastor, started off the evening with prayer. He had everyone lift a candle that symbolized the light Cuesta brought to their lives.
“These candles represent something very beautiful,” the pastor said. “Your candles represent a light that cannot be extinguished.”
The two suspects accused of stabbing Cuesta, 19-year-old Daniel Gross and 25-year-old Melissa Leonardo are due in court Wednesday morning.
A GoFundMe page has been set up to help Cuesta’s family.
19-year-old stabbing victim Lizette Cuesta
19-year-old stabbing victim Lizette Cuesta x
- TEEN DYING WORDS LEAD DEPUTIES TO HER SUSPECTED KILLERS
- COUNSELOR WHO WORKED WITH DEAF KIDS ACCUSED OF MOLESTATION
- BOY CRAWLS A QUARTER OF A MILE HOME AFTER HIT-AND-RUN
- SUSPECTED POACHER MAULED TO DEATH, EATEN BY LIONS
- 5TH SUSPECT WANTED IN DEADLY NORTH BAY HOME INVASIONS
- GET KRON4 NEWS ON YOUR AMAZON ALEXA DEVICE