Senate Republicans launched their plan for shriveling Barack Obama’s health care law Thursday, edging a step closer to their dream of repeal…
U.S. Capitol Police have arrested 43 people who were protesting proposed cuts to Medicaid inside a Senate office building.
Legislation restricting the sale of all flavored tobacco including menthol cigarettes was approved unanimously by the San Francisco Board of…
A new report released by the Environmental Defense Fund found that a surprising amount of baby food samples had detectable levels of lead.
Looks like people are more likely to eat their vegetables when they are given seductive and unhealthy names, a study has found.
Guidance counselors have warned college applicants for years to mind their social media posts
A new study found that coconut oil may not be healthy after all.
U.S. regulators have approved new competition for EpiPen, the emergency allergy medicine that made Mylan a poster child for pharmaceutical c…
A cancer-causing compound in East Bay drinking water has reached a near critical level, with concentrations of the compound higher than they…
The world’s weight problem is growing in countries rich and poor, and in many of them obesity is increasing faster in children than adults.
A birth control packaging mix-up could lead to unintended pregnancies.
The Bay Area is known for being on the cutting edge particularly when it comes to vegetarian dining.
A new study suggests children who drink dairy alternatives may end up shorter than those who drink cow’s milk.
Family and friends of a 2-year-old girl from Plainfield are hoping to raise awareness after she died from what doctors believe to be Rocky M…
A new study suggests moderate drinking is not good for your brain, according to British researchers.
Fremont elementary school children were stuck by a diabetic needle last month, school officials said.
Three high school students have invented a product that could save lives–SMART straws that detect rape drugs.
Star Snacks Co. is recalling two lots of cashews due to the potential presence of glass pieces in the bag.
An infestation of rats and roaches forced students temporarily out of an elementary school in Southern California.
An Albuquerque Walgreens is under fire, after a mother said a pharmacist wouldn’t fill her teenage daughter’s prescription because it was re…